Police like kids to meet Constable Kenny Koala when they are young to prepare them for high school and life as adults. As you get older you spend more time away from your parents at school, sport or playing with friends. This means you have to make decisions, sometimes really quickly.
This webpage is all about making good decisions to keep you safe and out of trouble.
- think about the possible consequences of a decision before you make it
- respect rules from your parents and teachers because they are trying to keep you safe and happy
- it's important to make good decisions now because they can affect your whole life
- real friends don't pressure you to do things you don't want to do
- there is nothing so bad that you can't talk to someone about it
- if you ever feel unsafe or unhappy, remember your network of people who can help; family, teachers and friends
- if you ever need to talk to a counsellor about something that is bothering you, you can call the Kids Help Line on 1800 55 1800 or visit the Kids Helpline website
- if you see an emergency call Triple Zero (000).