The road can be a dangerous place. There are lots of cars moving quickly and they might not see you. I want you to be really careful when you are around cars on the road, in the driveway or a car park. It's important to stay close to an adult so they can help keep you safe.
When you are in the car, you can keep yourself safe by wearing your seatbelt. Wearing your helmet will also keep you safe on your bike or scooter. There's lots of stuff here to teach you how to stay OK on the road.
Road Safety tips
- wear your seatbelt in the car
- wear your helmet when riding your bike or scooter
- don't play on the road or driveway
- be careful around cars on the drive way or road
- hold mum or dad's hand (or a trusted adult) when crossing the road
- stop, look, listenandthinkbefore you cross the road
- use children crossings when crossing the road at school
- the green man/walk sign means you can cross the road at the lights, but make sure you also look out for cars anyway