There are lots of fun things you can do on the computer. You can play games, talk to friends, watch videos and learn about different things — just like what you're doing now!
Like in the real world, there can be people on the internet that are bad. I've got lots of information here to have fun and be safe on the computer. The most important thing I say to kids is that you ask your mum or dad (or teacher) before using the computer. They can help you find things the best way on the computer.
- always ask your parents before using the internet
- treat people how you would like to be treated
- keep personal information private
- be careful of people you don't know on the internet. They might be pretending to be someone else
- don't tell strangers where you live, your phone number or where you go to school
- don't send photos of yourself to people you don't know
- if you ever feel uncomfortable or scared about something on the computer, tell an adult
- if someone is mean to you on the computer, don't respond and tell an adult so they can make it stop.